Winner of Box Art Quiz #3 - 1st Sonic Yootha
The Bargain Box crew loved Sonic Yootha's comment for last month's Quiz so much:
honoured! so challenging! I know I can get to the top box! or if im fourth, tracey moffatt can make an artwork example out of me. xx...that we just had to reward such witty relevance with a "1st". As the winner of the Box Art Quiz #3 Sonic Yootha gets first dibs on a gold-plated, fruit charm and swarivski-crystal charm-bracelet made by Mary Mcdermott of Dainty Pretty Things.
Congratulations Sonic! And thanks Mary!
Last Month's Box Art Quiz Answers:
- Jeff Koons Extra Points: Neo-Pop or Post-Pop
- Arunkumar HG
- Leonardo Da Vinci Extra Points: La Gioconda
- Janet Cardiff Extra Points: George Bures Miller
- Multiple Personality
- Jackson Pollock Extra Points: Australian National Gallery or, as it is now known, National Gallery of Australia
- Schappylle Scragg
- Mind's Eye - Gregory Godhard
- The Vienna Secession
- Gilles Deleuze
Box Art Quiz #4
...answer one or answer 'em all - in the comments box or by email...
* 1 point for every answer
* Extra Points: where indicated = 2 extra points
- It is often said that art, celebrity and entertainment are becoming ever more closely entwined. Name one artist (at least) of whom you are their "greatest fan".
- What art would you like to see more of in major galleries and exhibitions?
- Who is your favourite arts blogger or which arts blog do you read most often?
- What does being an artist mean to you - how would you define "artist"?
- What is it about art or the art market that really bites you?
- Name one artist whose work you think epitomises the art, celebrity & entertainment "blur"? Extra Points:What is it about this work that turns you on (or off)?
- What's the most fame (or infamy) that an art work of yours has achieved?
- When (or if) climate change (or some other catastrophe) brings about enormous and irrevocable change to the day-to-day life of the world's human population - what do you think art will look like?
- How famous an artist do you plan to be? Extra Points: and why?
- In ten words or less, describe/explain the art work (by Tracey Moffatt) to which Sonic Yootha's winning comment refers.